This Almond Honey Cake recipe makes a cake that is a great blank canvas for adding additional layers of flavours. Such as replacing honey with maple syrup, adding cinnamon and apple chunks as a winter comfort food. Or adding rose petals, orange zest and ground cardamon for a middle eastern spin. Or even a classic lemon zest & raspberries gently pressed on top of the batter for a summer twist.
One thing we love about this recipe is the minimal ingredients it needs. Just add those extra flavours in at step five to really make it your own. And most of all have fun experimenting! It’s so fun having a recipe that you can change and make personal. Make into something that you really love. Also it is a recipe that you can make different every time. If you don’t like it one way, try something a bit different next time. This Almond Honey Cake is so versatile, but even so delicious just as is.
Almond Honey Cake
- 1 3/4 cup almond meal
- 4 large eggs at room temperature. yolk and whites separated
- 1/2 tsp lemond juice
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Grease an 8" spring form cake tin with coconut oil.
- Using a clean mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites at low speed until foamy.
- Add lemon juice and mix at medium speed until it forms soft peaks (approximatley 10 minutes).
- In another mixing bowl beat up honey, baking powder, salt and the separated yolks until well combined and the colour lightens.
- Sift in almond meal and beat to combine.
- Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the honey mixture. Stir well. Stir the rest gently through making sure not to deflate the whites.
- Pour into a pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until it's firm in the middle and golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.
For more exciting recipes, have a look at our recipe book.