This Buckwheat and Chia Pizza base makes a great base for a savoury breakfast. We added some of our delicious kraut and other home made goodies on top to make a delicious and healthy meal. The base is so crunchy and you can keep it for up to a week in the fridge! The great thing about this Buckwheat and Chia Pizza base is you can make it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It is so versatile. It is also so fun experimenting different combinations to add as toppings. Especially with our many different flavours of kraut and kimchi. You can’t get any better than a yummy, healthy breakfast like this. And who doesn’t love pizza? The family will be so excited to be having a guilt free, delicious meal for breakfast.
Buckwheat and Chia Pizza Base
- 1 3/4 cup buckwheat groats
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp crushed and fried garlic
- Soak buckwheat groats in cold water for 2 hours until softened.
- Soak chia seeds in half a cup of cold water until they become gel like. (I soak with the buckwheat groats just to save time, it doesn't matter if the chia seeds are soaking for longer.)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Rinse and drain buckwheat well in a colander.
- Transfer buckwheat and chia seeds into a food processer with 1/2 a cup of water, ghee, baking powder, garlic and salt. Blend until combined.
- Spread out on a baking paper lined pizza pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until base is firm to the touch.
If you would like to try some of our yummy krauts and kimchi, take a look at our different flavours: Apple Radish Kimchi, Carrot, Ginger and Turmeric Kraut, Beetroot and Citrus Kraut, Pepperberry Kraut, or Smoked Garlic Kraut.