These Cauliflower Tater Tots are a great, and easy treat for a night in with the kids. Especially if you are just wanting to wind down, have a chill night, and not spend too long in the kitchen. In saying that, it does take a little bit of patience waiting for these Tots to firm up. So if you aren’t feeling it, you can simply use this recipe as a fried cauliflower rice. Either way it is totally delicous!
The exciting thing about these Cauliflower Tater Tots is they are a great blank canvas. So you can really play around with different flavour combinations. If you wanted to make it a little greek styled, you could add thyme and lemon zest. For an Italian feel you could try basil, oregano and sun dried tomatoes. Or if you are feeling for more of a Vietnamese flavour, you could add in coriander, mint, Thai basil and fish sauce. The combinations are limitless. So have fun, get creative, and experiment!
Cauliflower Tater Tots
- 1 medium cauliflower head
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 cup grated cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- Process cauliflower and garlic until it becomes crumbly.
- Fry in a large fry pan with ghee until it softens.
- Transfer into a large mixing bowl and set aside to allow it to cool.
- Once cool, add cheese, eggs, and coconut flour and then mix until combined.
- Grease fry pan lightly at medium heat and spoon one heaped spoonful at a time. Allow to cook for five minutes or until firm.
- Flip and cook the other side until it has browned.