When it gets to the end of the week, sometimes all we need is a cupcake. And that is what inspired me to make these Chocolate Coconut Flour Muffins. I’m usually not a big fan of using coconut flour due a dry and very coconutty tasting end product. But I finally found a fluffy & moist chocolate cupcake recipe using coconut flour. I just love it when my experimenting in the kitchen finally pays off, and I get a result I’m happy with.
I used a strawberry and rhubarb cashew yoghurt as icing. But you could also try using our Creamy Carob Buttercream as icing. Otherwise you could just leave the Chocolate Coconut Flour Muffins as is, and they will still be delicious. These muffins are a treat the whole family will enjoy. And they can also be frozen to look forward to at a later date. That is if there are even any left overs to freeze. I can guarantee these will all be gobbled up as soon as they are out on the bench. So get into the kitchen, and enjoy making these simple, yummy muffins.
Chocolate Coconut Flour Muffins
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- pinch sea salt
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or olive oil, or ghee
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl whisk together coconut flour, cacao, baking powder, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt.
- In another bowl mix eggs, coconut oil, honey and coconut milk.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet and combine well.
- Transfer into muffin tray and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the skewer comes out clean.