This dairy free, grain free flat bread is a perfect side to any meal. Whether you want to add it to the side of your main meal, or eat it with some eggs for breakfast. Sometimes I like to even use them as a pizza base. You can’t really go wrong. I love to make grain free flat bread because it is so delicious and also very good for you. So you can feel good after eating it, no guilt. Also it’s something a bit special to add to your meal, without having to spend hours in the kitchen.
Grain Free Flat Bread
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 1/2 tsp grassfed gelatin
- 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp well cooked and mashed pumpkin or sweet potato
- 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt more or less to taste
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Stir together the coconut flour and gelatin.
- In another bowl, stir together the pumpkin and the ghee until smooth.
- Add in the coconut flour/gelatin mixture until well combined. Then add in the egg and sea salt.
- Spoon into rounds on the baking tray. You can make these thinner or thicker.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, then carefully peel them off the baking paper and flip. Bake for another 5 minutes until they are dry to the touch and pliable. (They will take longer to cook if they are thicker and they will cook faster if they are thinner.)
- Let cool completely, then enjoy within an hour or so of baking for the best texture.
If you’re interested in more exciting recipes, take a look at our recipe book.