When you are walking with kids, often it’s snacks like these gutsy chocolate nut bites that keep them going. I find them so easy to put together in a food processor as well as being light to carry. So they are the perfect snack for when you are out and about. They are a great recipe to whip up whenever you go adventuring. You can also store these gutsy chocolate nut bites in the freezer for emergency snacks for those spontaneous adventures. You will love the nutty, chocolatey flavour of these bites, they are a crowd pleaser every time. I love being able to make something for my family that they love and are able to eat on the go. I love getting in the kitchen and spending time experimenting with flavours and textures, and it is so satisfying finding new mixtures that work and that I’ll be able to quickly whip up next time.
Gutsy Chocolate Nut Bites
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup activated cashews almonds or walnuts will work too, but we like cashews for their milder flavour
- 1/2 cup activated sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cacao butter you can use coconut oil or grassfed ghee instead
- pinch sea salt
- 2 drops peppermint or orange essential oils, or rose water this is optional flavour variations.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend till the mixture is finely crumbly.
- .The mixture should come together when you press them into a ball. Add 1 tbsp of water if it's too dry. Compact and roll them into walnut size balls.
- Press them flat to form a thick cookie bite.
- Store them in an airtight container and they will last 2 weeks in the fridge.
If you’re interested in more exciting recipes, take a look at our recipe book.