These Strawberry Kefir Pancakes are a delicious and nutritious start to the morning. They are a treat that the whole family will enjoy so much that they will be asking for more! These Strawberry Kefir Pancakes are so delicious when topped with any of your favourite seasonal fruit. I like to add some kind of nut butter as well to give it a delicous nutty flavour. I also find this is a great use for my kefir milk, as it can sometimes be hard to find new ways to use it.
It is always exciting finding a new recipe to make. And I love experimenting in the kitchen to find that new recipe. So this is the perfect recipe for you if you are looking for something just a little different. And these pancakes are guaranteed to have the kids finishing everything on their plate. So it is a win-win for everybody!
Strawberry Kefir Pancakes
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 cups milk kefir
- 1 1/2 cups rye flour
- 1 cup sorghum flour can be replaced with any flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- Blend up strawberries and milk kefir together.
- For eight to twelve hours, soak rye and sorghum flours in the strawberry and milk kefir mixture.
- Once soaked, add eggs, baking poweder and salt.
- Whisk well, and if mixture is too thick you can add a small amount of water to achieve the consistency of cake batter.
- Heat fry pan up with oil at medium heat. Spoon batter into the pan to fry for a couple of minutes until it is golden and firm. Then flip to brown the other side.
- Repeat with the rest of the batter and transfer to plate once done to serve.
For more delicious recipes take look at our cook book, Forage, Ferment, Feast.