Sesame SnapsOctober 25, 2017
Passionfruit and Turmeric GeleeOctober 25, 2017
We love walking in the wild with our kids. When walking, at least with our kids, we always need snacks to keep them going. So here’s a recipe thats easily put together in a food processor and lightweight to carry, I often make a batch of them before we go adventuring.
Gutsy Chocolate Bite
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup activated cashews (almonds or walnuts will work too- we like cashews for its milder flavour)
- 1/2 cup activated sunflower seeds
- 1/4cup raw cacao powder
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 2tbsp cacao butter, melted (alternatively you could use coconut oil or grass fed ghee)
- Pinch of sea salt
- (Optional flavour variations: adding a couple of drops of peppermint, or orange essential oils or rose water)
- 1. Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend till the mixture is finely coarse. The mixture should come together when you press them into a ball.
- 2.Add 1tbsp of water if it's too dry. Compact and roll them into walnut size balls.
- 3.Press them flat to form a thick cookie bite. Store them in an airtight container and they will last 2 weeks in the fridge. This bites can also be stored in the freezer as emergency snacks for spontaneous adventures!
Gutsy Ferments https://gutsyferments.com.au/