GUTSY Marshmallow RecipeApril 17, 2018
Avocado, toasted sesame & Myer lemon misoMay 3, 2018
Hot cocoa is one of the top favourite drinks for GUTSY kids. Instead of a sugary milky drink, I’ve created the below version to balance their blood sugar (no crazy kids, thank you!), aids in muscle repair and gentle on the gut. To the usual milk and chocoalte, I’ve added a couple of pastured eggs (adds creaminess, protein and appetite satiating fats) and grass fed collagen peptides. This hot cocoa is thick, rich and creamy with a touch of sweetness. You can make this in a thermo machine (which is what we do all the time!) or on the stove. I did mine in Magimix Cook Expert which churn out this 5 ingredients nourishing drink within 35mins. Fuss free yumminess.
always more delicious with homemade marshmallows
GUT LOVING Hot Cocoa
A thick, creamy and rich drink that is deliciously nourishing for you and your gut.
- 2 cups (500ml) milk of choice (dairy, cashew, almond or coconut milk)
- 1pastured egg
- 50g 70-90% dark chocolate (we usually go with 90% and it's lusciously dark)
- pinch of sea salt
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp collagen peptides
- Combine all the ingredients except for collagen peptides into a medium pot.
- Whisk well till well combined.
- Warm the hot cocoa at low-medium heat, whisking constantly for 15-20mins or till warmed up and thickened.
- Finally, add in the collagen peptides and stir till dissolved.
- Combine all the ingredients except for collagen peptides in the thermo bowl.
- Put the setting on 35mins, speed 3-4 and 85 degrees Celsius.
- Secure the lid on and let it do its thing!
- Once ready, add in the collagen peptides and whisk it through for 30 secs to dissolve. Enjoy!!!
- For a really rich and indulgent keto treat, there are times we like to replace the milk with pure thick cream. For a lighter but still creamy version, add equal amount of milk and cream. We do enjoy non dairy versions of this hot cocoa but often come back to the real deal. As Mr GUTSY puts it.
- This is just a basic recipe to our hot cocoa. You might fancy a spicy hot chocolate with a dash of chilli added, a chai spiced one (with cardamon pods, ginger slices and cinnamon sticks), a minty one with a drop of peppermint essential oil added. Hot chocolate is always best enjoyed with a couple squares of our GUTSY Marshmallow. Check out that recipe under desserts!
Gutsy Ferments https://gutsyferments.com.au/