Gutsy Chocolate BiteOctober 25, 2017
This passionfruit & turmeric gelee is a great way to use up tangy (ie over matured) kombucha, water kefir or jun. It is firm but melt in the mouth texture ….. think aeroplane jelly texture. 😉 Another easy and tasty way to get the gut to “heal and seal” in summer.
Passionfruit and Turmeric Gelee
- 2 cups tangy kombucha, water kefir or Jun
- 1/4cup fresh passionfruit pulp
- 2tbsp cold pressed turmeric juice (or you can use @buchikombuchaustralia Ginger Turmeric buchi)
- 1tbsp grass fed gelatin
- 1-2tbsp honey or rice malt syrup (optional- depending on how tangy your probiotic beverage is)
- 1. Combine all the ingredients except for gelatin in a medium cooking pot.
- 2. Sprinkle the gelatin on top and set aside for 5mins.
- 3. Place on the stove and warm the gelee up at low heat till the gelatin dissolves and the mixture thin out.
- 4. Pour into a deep dish pan and allow to set in the fridge for 1 hour before enjoying it.
Gutsy Ferments https://gutsyferments.com.au/