Strawberry & Matcha Panna CottaOctober 25, 2017
Gutsy Chocolate BiteOctober 25, 2017
This two colour sesame snaps are sooooo morish and they bring back many childhood memories of the sugary black sesame brittles that I used to get at my Grandma’s house. This version is much lower in sugar and richer in vitamin E which is essential in skin, hair (yes, I’m keeping grey ones away!!) and nail health. You can make it crispy which is great as “cereal” or sprinkles to be used in salads, cakes or smoothie bowls. Or slightly thicker pieces as a chewy sesame snap, which make great easy snacks for the kiddies!
Garlic Lime Lettuce Wraps
- 1 cup black sesame seeds
- 1 cup white sesame seeds
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup (if using honey, I usually add about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup ghee or coconut oil, melted
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1. Preheat the oven at 170°C. In a large mixing bowl, stir all the ingredients till it all comes together.
- 2. Transfer half the mixture onto a baking sheet and using another sheet to cover the top, flatten it with a rolling pin till it’s about 1/2cm thickness.
- 3. Carefully remove the top sheet and transfer to baking tray.
- 4. Allow to bake for 10mins or until slightly golden on the edges. The middle will feel soft to touch when warm but should firm up when cooled.
- 5. Cool completely before chopping. Enjoy!! 6. Store leftovers in airtight containers. I think it will lasts a week but it’s often gone within 2 days!
Gutsy Ferments https://gutsyferments.com.au/