My family loves these Grain-Free Banana and Walnut Pancakes so much that I have to make it for breakfast multiple days in a row. They really just can’t get enough of it. It’s a such a delicious, healthy breakfast that really gets you going in the morning. It keeps you feeling satisfied for a long time and ready for the day ahead. So these Grain-Free Banana and Walnut Pancakes are a nourishing meal to start the day. You can also make this recipe into pikelets to suit any occasion. So they are both a great breakfast idea, as well as a healthy snack. I also think they a fun way to get the kids involved in the kitchen.
Grain-Free Banana and Walnut Pancakes
- 1 cup Banana mashed
- 1/2 cup Activated Walnuts
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Grass Fed Gelatin
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Ghee or Coconut Oil for frying
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients and process until smooth.
- To make pikelets, warm a greased fry pan at low-medium heat, then pour in 2 tbsp portions of the batter into the pan per pikelet.
- Carefully slide a spatula under the pikelet and flip it over when the top firms up a little. (As this recipe doesn't contain any flour, it does take a little while to firm up. Be patient in watching the heat, so that it doesn't burn).
- Allow the other side to brown, and cook the rest of the batter as above
- For large pancakes, pour 1/4 cup portion into a heated and greased cast iron pan. Bake in a preheated oven of 180C for 5-10mins or until it browns and firm to touch.
Try these pancakes with our Creamy Carob Buttercream.
For more exciting recipes, have a look at our recipe book.