This Passion Fruit & Turmeric Gelee is a great way to use up tangy (over matured) kombucha, water kefir or jun. It has a firm, but also melt in the mouth texture. Another easy and tasty way to get the gut to “heal and seal” in Summer. Making this recipe can help you save on waste by using things you might otherwise throw out. It is quick to make and so enjoyable, just the thing you feel like on a hot day. This Passion Fruit and Turmeric Gelee is also a great morning or afternoon tea treat for when you have guests over.
If you are wanting a little secret treat just for yourself, be careful when you bring it out or it may all get devoured in one go. On the other hand, if you are feeling generous, your family will thank you for it. I can tell you that there is no chance that there will be any of it left at the end of the day. But thankfully it is so quick to make, so there’s nothing stopping you from making it again once it’s gone.
Passion Fruit & Turmeric Gelee
- 2 cups tangy kombucha, water kefir, or jun
- 1/4 cup fresh passion fruit pulp
- 2 tbsp cold pressed turmeric juice
- 1 tbsp grass fed gelatin
- 1 - 2 tbsp honey or rice malt syrup (optional, depending on how tangy your probiotic beverage is)
- Combine all the ingredients except for the gelatin in a medium cooking pot.
- Sprinkle the gelatin on top and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place on the stove and warm the gelee up at low heat until the gelatin dissolves and the mixture thins out.
- Pour into a deep dish pan and allow to set in the fridge for 1 hour before enjoying it.
For more exciting recipes, have a look at our recipe book, Forage, Ferment, Feast.