About Gutsy Prebiotic Bread Mix
Wanting good prebiotic foods to feed your gut bacteria? Perhaps you want a delicious and nutritious bread that’s gluten free (I’m not gluten intolerant and I eat this bread because I love it)? Feed your gut bacteria with this tasty, prebiotic, gluten free bread.
Sunflower seeds, rolled brown rice, millet flakes, linseeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, psyllium husk, and salt.
*All ingredients are chemical free & Australian Grown. It’s probably obvious, but the salt is not grown, it’s harvested 🙂
What it is
Gutsy Prebiotic bread is a gluten-free, prebiotic bread mix and you can easily make yourself at home. Just add water and oil (something sweet if you like), then bake. We love seedy bread so much. We don’t like wasting time sourcing and weighing ingredients, then dealing with with half used packages at the end of each batch! With this bread pre-mix you get all the goodness without the headache.
Gutsy Ferments Prebiotic bread is dense and delicious. It’s the most delicious gluten-free bread that we’ve ever tried. There’s never been an easier way to get prebiotic foods into your diet. Good things take time. The Gutsy Bread does require some soaking time (5+ hours), baking time (1 hours) and cooling time (2 hours). Once this bread is completely cooled, slice it up thinly and enjoy it with your favourite toppings. With a little fore thought, this loaf of bread is a great addition to ploughman platters, fruit & cheese platters, picnics or just to enjoy it on its own.
All you need in your pantry to make this bread is 2 wet ingredients (your oil of choice and water). You don’t even need a loaf tin! (Yes, we are talking minimalistic baking here!). Once you are satisfied with mushing up the ingredients, either pour the “dough” into a loaf tin or let it sit for 10mins (to let the dough absorb the moisture) and form 2 free form loaves on a parchment lined tray.
About the ingredients
- Sunflower seeds
- Rich in vitamin E, copper, B vitamins (thaimine), phosphorus, selenium.
- Brown rice flakes
- Rich in manganese, iron, zinc, phosphorous, calcium, selenium, magnesium and potassium.
- Millet flakes
- High in B vitamin (Niacin), calcium, iron, potassium, zinc, magnesium.
- It digests easily, acts as a prebiotic (food for your beneficial gut flora)
- Pumpkin seeds
- Rich in plant-based omega 3 fatty acids, magnesium, zinc and anti-inflammatory properties.
- great for your heart
- Rich source of micronutrients, manganese, omega 3 fatty acids, soluble fiber and vitamin B1.
- Great for skin and hair health, presence of polyphenols supports the growth of probiotics in the gut.
- Psyllium husk
- Great for promoting regularity and overall digestive health, a prebiotic, regular cholesterol, promotes satiety and stabilises blood sugar levels.
- Chia seeds
- Excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, fibre, iron and calcium.
Why Eat Gutsy Prebiotic Bread?
Gutsy Bread is a loaf of gluten free bread that does not use nutrient deprived ingredients such as: potato starch, tapioca starch or xantham gum. Because we only give you food that we want to eat ourselves, every ingredient in this pre-mix has its own health boosting properties so that every cent you put into purchasing this pre-mix goes back to your health. Gutsy Bread mix is one of many prebiotic foods, full of plant fibres that our gut bacteria love, so you can feed your gut flora. Finally, it’s probably the most delicious bread you’ve ever tasted.
A recipe will be included with your Gutsy Bread Mix. Your Gutsy bread mix will make 1kg of baked bread.
If you’d like to try making different types of bread yourself, you might like our recipe book; Forage, Ferment, Feast
|Dimensions||10 x 10 x 20 cm|