Our Family loves anything matcha. So this Strawberry and Matcha Gelee just hits the spot for us. The recipe is very simple, and quick to make. It is especially great for Summer but is also loved in winter. Because of its versatility, our little kids and big kids just can’t get enough of it. This is a healthy, delicious snack to put in the kids lunchbox, or even just to have it for dessert. It is a refreshing treat for after a long, hot day. And it is a great recipe to make if you are wanting to surprise your family with something a bit different. So if you want something cold to enjoy on a hot day, try this Strawberry and Matcha Gelee recipe.
Strawberry and Matcha Gelee
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 tsp grass fed-gelatin
- 250 g fresh strawberries tops removed
- In a small sauce pan, whisk together coconut milk, vanilla, matcha powder and gelatin.
- Set aside for 5 minutes allowing gelatin to bloom.
- While waiting for the gelatin to bloom, slice up strawberries and spread them evenly over a deep dish pan.
- Gently heat the mixture over low heat, whisking constantly to dissolve gelatin granules. It’s important to take great care not to boil the mixture.
- Once the gelatin has completely dissolved, remove from the heat and stir in honey and remaining coconut milk.
- Pour into the prepared deep dish pan and transfer to fridge to set for at least 4 hours. Don't worry about the strawberries being messed up, they will eventually settle somewhere and you will have a beautiful and delicious Panna Cotta.
For more Gelee, try our Passion Fruit and Turmeric Gelee recipe.
For other exciting recipes, take a look at our recipe book, Forage, Ferment, Feast.